Thursday, November 8, 2018

Russell Hobbs 20447 Kettle

If you know me at all you'll know that I practically live on tea. I loose count how many cups I have a day. So for me choosing the right kettle was an important decision as lets face it, it's one of the appliances I'll use most often.

I have to be honest I didn't choose this particular kettle, this was a housewarming gift. I guess someone took pity on my small, takes forever to boil travel kettle I was using temporarilly. Russell Hobbs was not a brand I had ever used before.
I did say I wanted black or purple appliances to match my new kitchens decor. So I was really pleased to receive this kettle in black.


So lets start with the colour. It's a nice strong, glossy look. It doesn't get dirty easilly and when it has had the occassional watermark it is easy to wipe off.
It's a good sized kettle and not too heavy to use, I have known some to be too heavy for me.
It's a fast boil, which suits me as I am impatient, especially when it comes to my tea. It's not a noisy boil. I remember one my Mum had when I was a teenager, it sounded like concorde was in the kitchen. I like that the switch has a light so you can see when its on and when it's finished boiling.

One little naggle for me is the water gauge, its on the left hand side and being left handed i have to spin the kettle round to check how much water is in it. It's not a major issue but personally I do prefer the water gauge window to be on both sides. Bonus points if its an illuminating one.

The filter is easy to remove and clean and so far has no signs of wear or tears. I clean my kettle and descale it every month as I live in a hard water area.

So there you have it, if you want a reliable kettle that doesnt smell plasticy, boils in a decent amount of time and more importantly makes a nice cuppa then you can't go wrong with this.

Model number: 20447
Stockists: Argos, Amazon, Currys

No comments:

Post a Comment

Songmics Cat Tree and Activity centre

When I moved into my new flat I knew with two crazy cats I needed to get them a really good activity centre. My new living room is huge and ...